May 8, 2011

Paris: Sightseeing Highlights

We left Paris a week ago, but this post was so daunting, and I never had a long enough time with the internet to get it done before now. So finally! Like the title says, this post only shows the highlights. I faced a conundrum: I could write a post everyday detailing what we did or I could post millions of pictures (which I did take, I assure you) or I could show just the highlights but risk you being disappointed in the lack of detail. I'm risking it. I also could have been all artistic and everything by organizing pictures and stories in a creative way. However, I decided that I would rather enjoy my time in Europe, IN Europe and not on the computer all the time. So this is what you get - I hope it's enough!

Notre Dame 




The view from the top of the Notre Dame
Those birds are real scary!



Saint Chapelle

The Louvre


 


masses of people trying to get to the Mona Lisa
 


  Eiffel Tower
 
From the tippy top!! In the direction of Majuro Island - where Jenny was born :)
 

Walking around
The Phantom of the Opera - Opera






















Update:
Now we are in Switzerland. Today we drive to Cinque Terre. WEAJKFDAFDJSKOHYEAH! I'm super excited about it, if you can't tell. Germany was so wonderful, I can't wait to tell you all about it. I hope someday we get to live there for a few years!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

1. you look absolutely beautiful.
2. how stinkin' fun! I love the pictures!
3. Cinque Terre is one of my favorite places :-) Be sure to do the WHOLE hike. It's amazing.
4. love you! thanks for sharing your experience.

Elizabeth said...

I love your photos from Paris! And I don't think anyone blames you for only sharing highlights so as to spend your time in Europe enjoying Europe :)

Cinque Terre! I'm so excited for you guys! I'm hoping to go there really soon, you'll have to let me know which of the five cities you go to.

Victoria Blanchard said...

Great pics! I finally just posted about my trip to Brussels over a month ago. I totally understand, it took a lot out of me. You have great pictures though, thanks for sharing! We hope to live in Germany for some time too---why don't we head there together once our husbands both go by Dr. in a few years? :)