Nov 8, 2011

It's Gametime

I am such a game person. I don't care if you need strategy or stupid luck to win the game. I actually prefer a mix of both (then if I lose, I don't feel totally ridiculous, right?). Oh, and I really like to win. I'm such a sore loser. 
source
$45 new
Okay, okay, I know what you're thinking, "this is boring, what's your point?" Surprise: no point. But I did find a new game that I decided I like - probably because I won the third time we played it (and Doug hasn't won yet, heh heh). Dominion. It's fun because it takes a little while to learn, there are so many variations of the game, there's no "always-winning" one strategy, yet it's still quite easy. 
 
source
$25 new

Another game that I totally love: Word on the Street. Two teams play tug of war for letters. Super simple. Really fun if you like word games. Which I do. :)


Unfortunately, they kind of cost a lot. But if they're on the "want" list for a really long time it means I can buy them, right? That means we only have 3 games: Pass the pigs, Rook, and a deck of cards. Rook isn't even opened, why can't it be a  two-person game?! We really just need to get some kids, problem solved.

Anyway, what kind of games do you have? Or do you just "borrow" games from your neighbors like someone else I know...ahem.

6 comments:

Christina and Brian said...

We love pass the pigs! As you know :) But we just discovered a really fun game (that we want to play with you guys at Christmas.) It's called Scotland Yard. It's an old games, but we just learned about it. It's like detective work where everyone is trying to find one person that is hiding. It's a board game, so we aren't ACTUALLY trying to find the person lol. It made me nervous when they were all chasing me and I was trying to escape! A pretty fun game.

Victoria Blanchard said...

I LOVE playing games but my husband HATES ALL games except: Scrabble and Trivial Pursuit. Trivial Pursuit is the one game I don't even bother with because I'm horrible at trivia (he's awesome at it). So every once in a while I get him to play scrabble with me, but that is it. It's also awkward when people want to have us over to play games cause Ryan never wants to. The few times he did, it is not worth it!

Kadi Abel said...

Matt and I play boggle and blokus ALL the time!! I'm a sore loser too! Why didn't we play games before you guys moved???

Mindy said...

We LOVE Settlers of Catan... well I love it since it's the only game where I am undefeated :). It's fun to play with 2 people and especially a few more. Quelf is a fun group game too.

I don't know if I told you or not, but we have a new blog... busybliss.blogspot.com
Hope you are doing well!

Anonymous said...

You can actually play Rook 2 person. My husband and I play it. It's different than 4 person, but still fun. I'm sure you can find instructions in your game or online.

Brian Nelson said...

Also you can play rook with a blind third hand. It is actually quite fun