Dec 12, 2011

Belated Vacation Update

So Doug and I have been travelling the world lately. Okay, maybe just the east coast. First off, we went to Boston about a month ago to celebrate Tyson and Jennifer's marriage!

















Congrats, you two :).


And can I just say how awesome it is to finish a full days work in NC, and be in Boston by midnight on the same day?!? I love airplanes.

Doug's parents were kind enough to drive us to the Mangum's home (practically in the middle of Boston proper, thought Emily would tell you otherwise) where some touring began. We ate delicious food and walked around their neighborhood that first night. I was a little overwhelmed by how many stinkin' people there are in this world. I'm glad I live in a (much) smaller city, but it was exhilarating to be in the midst of so much excitement.

The next day...


We ate pizza. Go figure :D

They also took us to Mike's Pastry. I didn't get a picture of the delightful cannoli because I kinda scarfed it down. Take my word for it. It was heaven!

And then... we took a walk and saw graves, churches, monuments, and fat squirrels.



 Thanks, Mangums  for a wonderful time!

Next, we're off to NY for the holidays. Oh how I love Christmastime! 

2 comments:

Emily said...

Love it. You took so many more pictures than me, so super thank you to you. And hopefully there are more weddings up here so we have more chances to see you!

Victoria Blanchard said...

L-O-V-E Mike's pastry with a love that knows no bounds. The cannoli is amazing, as are their lobster tails (humungous!).