Feb 23, 2011

Lifting Burdens: The Atonement of Jesus Christ

I love the message that this video captures; it is true.



One part that really stood out to me was the quote from Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin:
"We see ourselves in terms of yesterday and today. Our Heavenly Father sees us in terms of forever. Although we might settle for less, Heavenly Father won’t, for He sees us as the glorious beings we are capable of becoming"
("The Great Commandment", General Conference, October 6, 2007).

Even though I do not fully comprehend my potential, I know that Heavenly Father does. He sees me in terms of forever; He sees Doug in terms of forever. It is only through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and after all that I can do, that I can hope to become like Him and reach my potential. I am learning to have that eternal perspective, to see myself and others through God's eyes.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

What a beautiful video! Thank you so much for sharing. I especially loved the part that talked about how our natures can be changed. I just love that. I love the understanding that the gospel gives us that not only can we progress in this life, but we can be transformed! Beautiful... :)