Mar 1, 2011

Lots of Awesome Things.

DISCLAIMER (if parenthetical statements bother you, don't read this post)

Last Thursday was stinkin' awesome.
  • Doug passed his defense. (and will soon be published x4)
  • Maria learned of her acceptance to BYU. (Cha-ching!)
  • I got a 63 on a midterm. (okay, not so awesome)
  • We drove up to Ogden. (again, not so awesome)
  • We began a weekend full of family fun. (super awesome)
Snow skiing is a family favorite. This year, my family came to Utah to ski - which has, literally, the best snow on earth. Especially this year (ahem, week)! We had a blast. Thursday night, Doug and I drove up to Ogden where we were staying (thanks, Nelsons!).
Daniel, Maria, Mom, and Sarah at Temple Square

Friday, I went to Snowbasin with my family:

Apparently, Maria doesn't much care for my face.

I even tried snowboarding. It was harder than I expected...
The quality isn't great (horrible actually), but you can tell that I'm about to fall down.
Anyway, the snow was perfect. So perfect that it might have found its way into my mouth. Don't judge, sometimes you just have to follow your heart!

Saturday was for the experts: Maria, Daniel, and Dad (in no particular order). and I tagged along (I used to be the best, now I take 4th place haha- cest la vie). At Powder mountain they groom only one trail. Awesome. For those of you who have not experienced that much powder, it's intense. Daniel looked like he was bathing in snow (except for when he was going off jumps...every other minute). I fell like fifty times. But I rocked like 100 times. Booyah.

Here is a clip of my last run (much of the powder had been skied through and thus manageable). Sexy, right?

That's what I thought.

4 comments:

Victoria Blanchard said...

So jealous! I haven't been skiing in years now, and I don't know when my next opportunity will come (I don't even bother out here because I'm not good enough to ski in anything but the best---I've literally only ever skiied at Alta, which has spoiled me!). Love powder though. Looks like so much fun!

Emelro said...

i'm so jealous you went skiing! you know, i still haven't been skiing in utah...so sad, huh?

Amy said...

So glad you guys are doing so well and had fun! Did you stay at my parent's place? If so, it's NIELSEN, and definitely NOT NELSON. Next time you get it wrong, you will get a gold star RIPPED off of your good behavior board. Also, you will fail my next spelling bee.

Doug & Charisse said...

Haha. Amy, we actually did stay at the Nelsons. However, I wish that your family's vacation overlapped more with ours, they left the day we got there :(.