Mar 15, 2011

Grad School

Doug and I will graduate in April. Doug will have his master's degree in Statistics and I will have my bachelor's in Special Education. That's in 5 weeks. FIVE WEEKS! Hooray!

and then what?

3 weeks in Europe. Italy, Germany, and Rome. What a nice little vacation ;). After that, Doug has a paid internship this summer at GE's Research and Development center in Niskayuna, NY (my hometown, saweeeeet). And then on to grad school.

Where, you ask? That has yet to be decided. But, I am pleased to announce that Doug has been accepted to PhD statistics programs at Texas A&M, Cornell, Duke, and Harvard. YES!!! We opened Doug's acceptance letter (Harvard) at 10 AM this morning. 

Don't believe me?

BOOYAH. My husband is the smartest husband ever. Congratulations, Doug!!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

How exciting! Congrats to Doug on a job well done. I'm excited to hear where you decide to go. And congrats to you as well for graduating in April! And what a cute pic of the two of you at the top of your blog. What fun adventures you have ahead of you for the future!

Catherine said...

hooray hooray hooray hooray hooray!!!

whitney mellor said...

HOLY MOLY!!! Congrats smarty pants! You guys are so awesome, I'm so excited for you!!

Allyson said...

Yay! Congrats you guys! That's so exciting! I can't wait to hear all about your trip and your decisions for grad school. :)

Victoria Blanchard said...

Congratulations! What a smartie! Good luck making your decision!

C&C said...

Wow! That is sooooooooo exciting! Congrats to both of you for everything that you're doing!

Emily said...

I'm late on this announcement, but CONGRATS!!! When will you have to decide? I'm on pins and needles!!