Mar 18, 2011

Books don't have to be expensive

I'm not one to spend a lot of money on books or movies. I love sales and inexpensive stuff in general. But sometimes, Target or Walmart really do not have the selection or quality I'm looking for - especially in infant, children, or YA literature (I guess I'm kind of a snob).

So, I turn to Borders. They have a fabulous selection of really great reads. The problem: I'm buying at a retail price. Boooo. Fortunately they treat their members really well. Hooray! I get emails with coupons pretty much every week. I swear, I have never bought anything at full price (unless I'm in a hurry and didn't plan ahead). For example, this week I have a 33% off coupon for any item AND a 50% off coupon for a blu-ray. It's awesome. Like, really awesome. Oh, and membership is free - you just have to walk in the store and ask.


Why not buy at a second-hand store? The thing is, when I buy books/movies, I'm usually buying them as gifts. And used books just don't cut it. Especially if it's a baby book. GROSS. I have to admit, Amazon is probably a really good alternative too. But can you get How to Train Your Dragon, blu ray (including regular DVD) for 16.50? nope, though you can get it for 23.


Anyway, all I'm saying is I'm a happy camper when I get quality books at discount prices.

No comments: