Apr 27, 2011

Getting to Paris

We made it to Paris!!

I am currently eating a banana and enjoying the lovely view from our apartment window:

Taken just a few moments ago. It's overcast today with a high of 65 and a low of 43. Perfect.
I'm in heaven.

Getting here was a little stressful though! I've been traveling since Monday night, and Doug has been traveling since Friday afternoon. Needless to say we are so happy to actually be here.

Once we got to customs, we were in a different country. For example, as we were boarding the plane there were two lines: 1. US Passports 2. Regular Passports. Haha - I thought we were still in NY... On the plane we were obviously in the minority, speaking English, and I found myself wishing that Jesse (and Catherine, of course!!) or John or Ryan (all of whom speak Russian) were with us. Alas, we survived the Russian airport and Aeroflot. I was unaware of a few cultural differences (ie: the toilet paper doesn't go in the toilet) but all that really mattered to me was that we arrive in Paris with all of our baggage (said: be-gej, duh.). Which we did. Hurray!

Let the festivities begin.

5 comments:

John Styles said...

When we went to Paris for our Honeymoon (not living in Belgium) I remember we got to the airport and were so out of our element that we didn't know what to do---or where to go, we just stood there confused for many minutes and finally followed people to a taxi and then proceeded to spend an astronomical fee to go like 3 miles from the airport! Now having been back--I would only use the metro :) Have an amazing time! Don't forget to walk above Montmatre at dusk--it is gorgeous up there...and there are also fun jewelry stores below the funicular to Sacre Coeur---for reasonable prices too! -Carrie

Mom Standage said...

Of course you're eating a banana!
Hopefully, after all the stressful traveling to get there, this will be the traveling you can relax and enjoy.
I remember that toilet protocal being the same in Bolivia. At least in places open for public use.
Your view is beautiful!
MOM

Emelro said...

Have a blasstttt!!! Can't wait to see pics!

Katie said...

Oh my goodness, how exciting!! Please eat lots of pastries for me! :-) love you!

Catherine said...

we're so glad you made it there safely! and we definitely wish we could be there with you too!