Apr 5, 2011

What dating might lead to...

So I have a friend, who has a friend, who has a cousin, who is dating this boy. 

Didn't fool you? Okay okay, she's my friend, pure and simple. Dating here is defined as exclusively dating, boyfriend/girlfriend type dating... in case you were confused. So I just wanted to ask your opinion on a small matter. 

They have been dating for a month (friends for longer, of course) and he is planning to fly out to her home and stay with her for a week or so during the summer. She told me that and I said, "what, are you guys getting married or something?!" Because I think that is a bold move and shows that he means serious business. But maybe I'm overreacting. Of course I'm all for them getting married (assuming he's a good guy...I haven't met him yet) but I don't know if she realizes the reality of the situation. 

What do you think?

a) he wants marriage
b) he doesn't have anywhere to go for the summer
c) he just wants to be really good friends
d) something other reason that I can't fathom

8 comments:

Emelro said...

a)

i think you're right, reese. and even if that is not his intention, i personally think something that big SHOULD wait until the prospect of marriage is more of a reality. but that's just me :)

Catherine said...

a plane ticket is an investment in a future relationship! this boy is definitely thinking marriage....either that or he's rolling in it and has nothing else to blow his money and time on. But I prefer the first one :D

Anonymous said...

He for sure is looking for something more serious! Bryan met my family after only 3 weeks of dating but we kind of knew already that it was getting serious and leading to marriage.

Cami! said...

I went to visit Nate for a few days one summer while we were dating. No intention of marriage, I just missed him.

Of course...6 months later....

well, maybe he's not thinking marriage now, but it's a good first step. Maybe he's just following the guidance he received this weekend! :-)

Brian Nelson said...

Obviously he just has nothing better to do. I mean seriously, who doesnt just fly out to a girl's home, stay with their family for a week, just for the heck of it? cant a guy get off these days without having ulterior motives....?

No they cant cuz they all have em. I say a capitol A.

Victoria Blanchard said...

Yeah, maybe they won't get married right away, but this definitely seems like a serious move.

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

Devin bought a plane ticket to visit my family after a month and I knew it meant:

A

eventually.

Amy said...

When I THOUGHT Ben and I were just friends, he decided to come to our condo for the weekend with me and my family. I found out on the way home that what he meant by coming was that he wanted to date me, and not just be friends anymore.

So, if they've already been friends for a while, and have already been officially dating...


A. Definitely. She'd better really like him or make her intentions known.