May 3, 2011

Paris: Food

Ah, the food! Close to our apartment was a Boulangerie (Bakery) and an Intermarche (Market). We ate baguettes, meat, and cheese for half of our lunches and doner kebabs for the other half (per Doug’s request!). 

a doner kebab
At the doner shop



One morning we went to the Boulangerie and I didn’t know what to get. I let about 5 people go in front of me and these were essentially their orders: “Pan de chocolat” “Pan de chocolat” “Pan de chocolat” “Pan de chocolat” “Pan de chocolat.” I knew what to get.
Pan de chocolat

Thursday night we ate at a restaurant close to Form de Halles where I ordered these:

 



Saturday night we walked down Champs Eleesse and did some shopping (shoppin’ shoppin’ too, if you know what I mean). Anyway, we went down a side street looking for a less expensive restaurant and found ourselves in one of the most ritzy places in Paris.  (We often saw REALLY nice cars. Like, I can’t even spell them. Daniel would have had a hay day!) So we picked a decently priced Chinese restaurant in this neighborhood. It was beautiful!


Like Emily Bingham - we haven’t eaten at a bad restaurant yet!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are torturing me with your trip to Pariss and all the delicious food. It looks so amazing. :)

Mom Standage said...

The photo journaling of your food shows you are not going hungry!! I'm salavating and jealous. It all looks and sounds amazing, so glad you're having a great time.
Mom

Victoria Blanchard said...

mmmm . . . I miss European food! I forgot that Doug served his mission in Germany where Ryan did. Ry is obsessed with doners too! And I love pain de chocolat!

Christina and Brian said...

Doug always raves about doner! The food all looks amazing! You guys look all Eurpeanie with your fancy eye glasses! I hope you guys are having blast!