Jun 14, 2011

Beyond proud

Douglas, my man, you are incredible. You have accomplished so much in the last few months I have to brag to everyone else.

  • Most recently, he graduated SUMMA cum laude (BYU incorrectly awarded him magna initially due to clerical errors).
  • He completed a BS and MS in 5 years of school.
  • He will attend Duke in the fall for a PhD in stats. Only Doug...(actually, about 10 others).
  • A year ago, he was published in some biochemistry scientific journal that I don't know. Still cool.
  • Two months ago he received a personal email from the currently most famous statistician in the world, Bradley Efron, who said about Doug's paper, "This is impressive work, I hope it does get published soon." His email is a rejection of Doug's paper because it's not a good fit for the journal and would "get a better review in JASA."
  • Ditto with another journal.
  • As an intern, he is currently working at the GE Global Research Center in the statistics department.
On a different note
  • He caved in and took me to Europe. :D
  • As a result of Europe he wears more fashionable clothing.
  • He successfully did our taxes (by outsourcing, but still).
  • He remembered our anniversary.
  • His GE basketball buddies have officially welcomed him to the league after seeing some sweet moves. 
  • He has tricked my little siblings into loving him more than they love me!!
I'm sure I forgot something. Oh well. Doug is awesome and I'm so proud to have him as my husband!

3 comments:

Christina and Brian said...

We love you Doug (the slug, even though we aren't supposed to call you that anymore...) Congrats for all of your accomplishments! Many more to come!

John Styles said...

Pugsley is not bad--but I think he needs to write a response about you Charisse :)

Mom Standage said...

Again, Congratulations!
Charisse, I don't think you are losing your fan base...they're excited to have a big "brother" around. Lucky them!