Aug 16, 2011

Moving Truck

The moving truck comes today! Which is crazy because last week we had only enough stuff to fit in our car - now we have more than we've ever had. We bought a bed, dressers, and TV from my dad. We were given a couch and matching chairs, kitchen table and chairs, side tables, a coffee table, my childhood rocking chair, and Doug's piano by our families. We are upgrading to quality stuff!

I'm getting quite excited to design and decorate our new apartment. I'm even more excited for the dishwasher, washer, and dryer that will grace our new home. Oh, life is going to be grand. 

On the other hand, I will miss all the family and friends that are in New York. Doug's parents generously let us live with them this summer. I admit, I was a little apprehensive at first, but they are so wonderful, fun, and busy that living with them was stress-relieving. (Though it probably wasn't that way for them!) Doug's grandparents and extended family was so close too! I especially loved getting to know Carrie and Sophia (and John too, I guess...haha just kidding). 

.
we're cute
My family was only ever an hour's drive away at most, and it was delightful spending so much time at the lakehouse with them! I'm really going to miss living so close to Sarah, Daniel, and Maria. Maybe next summer :D.

Now I look forward to living closer to Grandma Christie and Grant and Heather. The Fergusons and Stricklans are also in NC! What fun, what fun.


No comments: