Aug 25, 2011

Arrived

We are finally here!! Well, we got here on Saturday, so I'm obviously a little behind. But I have an excuse.. we don't have internet yet. Fortunately, that will be remedied next week. So, things I love about our place. 
  • It's in a "good" area. The surrounding neighborhood is lower income, older, smaller houses built on cul de sacs (I had to look up how to spell that!). So, I see that as a good thing.
  • nice carpet
  • washer and dryer
  • dishwasher (other than me!)
  • pool and gym in the complex
  • the apartment complex is gated
  • helpful maintenance workers
  • we're a 10 minute drive from Duke
  • washer and dryer... again
  • we have a piano!
  • church is like Utah church

    Things I don't like quite as much.
    • the smell that currently resides in our kitchen and living area
    • our friends are all over the world instead of next door
    • we don't have internet yet
    • NC has hurricanes
    • and earthquakes
    • and is hot hot hot
    • church is like Utah church

      Do you know what I mean about Utah church? Let me tell you. And keep in mind that it's in both categories, so it's more of a thing I noticed. Our ward is huge. There are lots of University students, young couples, and BABIES. The Sunday school president introduces the Sunday school teacher (I've only ever seen that in Utah). They have lots of callings, and a variety of callings - probably because there are so many active and willing members. There is an advertising committee - again, going with lots of talented people - and this means that we have cute, decorated billboards. Actually, cute billboards are something I'm seeing all around nowadays, but I'll probably always connect it to Utah because I saw it there first.
       
      Fun, random fact: yesterday, every single car (5) in our row had a license plate from a different state. I see NY license plates everywhere!! Weird, right?

      Oh, and Maria's at college now. Weirder...
      yup, her...good luck!!!
      I can't wait to show you pictures of our apartment! Once I get things organized, I'll post some. :) Then you can compare with wymount. haha. hahaha...

      5 comments:

      Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

      It made me laugh when you put Utah church in both of them haha

      Sarah said...

      weird! our ward here is definitely NOT like UT church at all. it sounds great there, though and I hope you continue to enjoy it!

      Victoria Blanchard said...

      Glad you're happy with your new place (overall!). We are too!

      Emily said...

      We're so excited to hear about your adventures! Our church is definitely not like Utah church and no washer/dryer/dishwasher for us yet, but we love it. And will be pumped beyond belief when one day that occurs. :)

      Tori said...

      Wymount cannot be compared to anywhere else. That is also a good and a bad thing! Glad you guys made it safe! And hallelujah on the dishwasher! Someday, I'll have one, too.