Sep 25, 2011

Because this is for real

Have you ever read a book that you really liked and then halfway through, you realized it was fiction?

What about a movie that touched or inspired you - and then you learned it was all made up?

I'm the kind of person who enjoys fiction and really gets into it, but I get really disappointed when I think a story is real, and then learn it's not. ie: a book I'm reading right now - "out of my mind," or "Charly," or "Harry Potter." Okay, so I know Harry Potter isn't real (or do I??). Like, what if Anne Frank's story turned out to be a fraud? I would be super disappointed. Why? Because she is inspiring! I've learned so much from her and I would hate for it to be fake.

Well, there is a book that I know is real, with all of my heart and mind: The Book of Mormon. I read that book and I do not have to wonder if what I'm reading is made up. It is a record of the lives and faith of people who lived in ancient America. It is a testament of Jesus Christ; that He lives and that He is our Redeemer. I invite you to read it and then ask God for yourself if it is true.

 

3 comments:

Sarah said...

love this, and you're awesome!

Brian Nelson said...

Now you've got me questioning myself.... was inception real? was David after Dentist "real life?"

In any case, I also know the Book of Mormon is "for real" and appreciate the opportunity to be able to agree with you ;)

Emelro said...

i totally hate that, reese! but i like this post :)