Jan 19, 2012

Oh boy!

We're going to have a boy! Congratulations to the 10 other women who learned the gender of their baby the same day as me haha. You're probably tired of announcements but I can't help but share the news :).

Finally I have a wonderful excuse to follow blogs like Sewing for Boys, Boy, Oh, Boy, Oh Boy!, and Made. I may be a little overexcited but I've already started looking at sewing patterns... here are some of my favorites:

via made

via The Train to Crazy

via made
via Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy!
And I've already started this "little" project I first fell in love with at Maybe Matilda:

via Tales from Cuckoo Land
But I'm using this tangerine orange instead:

This pictures doesn't quite do the brightness of the yarn justice
Despite the small frustrations daily life brings, I'm extremely grateful to have the comforting consistency of the gospel and the delightful excitement of having a baby. Here's to a new adventure :).

8 comments:

Chantell said...

Congrats!! Boys are so much fun! :)

Andon, Katie, and Camilla said...

Charisse, I'm so excited for you! I know what you mean, I just love little boy stuff. You could do jungle, sharks, dinosaurs, fire trucks and dalmatians etc. Everything Camilla gets is pink pink pink, lol. You will be such a great mommy! I'm so happy you get your wish and dream to have a baby. :D

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

Hooray! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys--babies are such a blessing. They are also challenging and frustrating at times, but such a joy. And I'm excited to see your blanket--I'm sure it'll be beautiful!

Rachel R said...

Congrats guys! Boys are lots of fun and definitely will keep you on your toes!!! Good luck with all your baby preparations! He will be here before you know it!!

Janae said...

yay! So excited for you guys! Boys make life fun :)

Erin said...

YAHOO! We sure do love our little guy- I always thought I wanted all girls, until we had Bennett. Then I was sure I would be happy with all boys! Now we'll have one of each :) So excited for you guys!

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations Charisse and Doug!! I like that tangerine color, I bet it's better in real life.

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!!!! :-)