Mar 28, 2012

Summer plans

Oh my goodness. Time is going by so stinkin' fast! I seriously feel like I don't have time to read all the blogs I want to, crochet fun things and play with my sewing machine, make the dinners I should, keep the house as clean as it needs to be, and make all of these baby-related decisions in 3 months (or less!)! Not to mention I haven't even looked at our budget this month... Maybe that has something to do with it's the end of March and I still accidentally write 2011 sometimes, that Doug's birthday/April/General conference is on Sunday, this belly keeps getting bigger without my permission, the groceries disappear before I can go shopping again, and that we'll be in NY for the summer in just over 6 weeks.

Does anyone else feel this way? It's a little exhausting.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited for everything that's going to happen in the next few months, it's just scary to think that maybe the next three months will go by just as fast as the last three months did.

So, on to the title of the post - want to know what we're doing this summer?? Because we finally do :).
source
Doug will work as an intern at GE in NY again. It's a relief to actually have the paperwork saying he's been officially offered the position so we can finally make plans. Granted, he still has to pass the drug screening...good luck, babe. We'll live at my parents' house (I bet they're super excited to have a super-pregnant woman live with them for a month and then a newborn for the month after that, haha - fortunately for them they can escape to the lakehouse after the kids finish school) and I'll have a baby (thought not at their house). Anything else? We'll stay in NY until the end of August and then move back to NC where Doug will start school again and I'll stay home with baby.

Sounds like a plan.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to 'like' this post! YAY!!!! Hang in there!!!

Brian Nelson said...

I know that doug is big on poppy seed muffins... he should probably lay off of those for the drug test. Oh yea and the medicinal marijuana too.

Caitlin said...

Yay for plans! :)

Amy said...

Hey! I love following your blog! I'm sorry I never put on my blog how to do the ruffled pillow. While it would take WAY too long to explain the whole thing, to make the ruffles just:

1. cut strips of fabric
2. on the widest and longes settings of your sewing machine (or you can do it by hand) sew down each strip
3. pull the ends of the thread
4. stretch back out the strips to the length/ruffleness that you want
5. sew them to the fabric for your pillow before sewing the pillow together.

So excited for your family with your coming joy!