Mar 23, 2012

"Don't let's talk about that right now"

Listening to Gone With the Wind has been delightful. I love hearing phrases like, "Oh how you do run on!" or "Don't let's go home just yet." My favorite parts of the book by far are Rhett Butler and Scarlet O'Hara/Hamilton/Kennedy's conversations. Scarlet drives me nuts. I can't relate to her at all and would never be her friend in real life. Similarly, I don't think Rhett and I would ever get along, but he's the most fun and honest character despite what the other characters say about him.

Source
I'm almost 2/3s through the book (I'm on CD 27 of 41) and I started in the beginning of February haha. It is so long and boring in parts but Rhett makes the whole book worth it. Have any of you actually read the whole thing? What do you think?

2 comments:

Victoria Blanchard said...

I read the whole thing in 8th grade in about a week I think---I couldn't put it down. I actually read through lunch period instead of talking to my friends to read it! I should probably read it again. I don't remember much about it.

Mary said...

LOVE the book. SO much. :-)