Apr 21, 2012

Sewing Class

I took a 5 class course to learn how to use my sewing machine (good thing too - I didn't know it could do half the things I learned!). It's been super fun getting back into sewing. I posted some animal pillows I made earlier in the year and I've made "lots" more stuff but they are mostly all gifts so I can't post them yet haha. Anyway, here are some techniques I learned how to do in some of my classes:

ruffle one fabric while simultaneously attaching a non-ruffled piece 

insert a zipper

gather (without pulling threads by hand!)

sew knits together/make a neckline
insert buttonholes!

gather - using a cord (the cord would go on the back s you don't see it, duh...)

Half these things I can't actually do without buying the correct "feet" so if you're looking for something to get me, a gift card to Thimble Pleasures might be nice ;).

Sewing isn't the only thing I've been doing:

making artisan bread

and eating it!

to grow the little guy inside me :).
This is from 30 weeks - I'm now 32 weeks!
Holey moley!
Holy moly?
Holy moley??



4 comments:

Victoria Blanchard said...

Great hobbies! And you look so stinkin' cute!

Rachel said...

How cute are you with your little pregnant belly! And way to go with your sewing classes!

Caitlin said...

Wow! Please teach me your ways! I'd love to learn how to gather without having to pull the thread. Is that a special foot?

Natalie Moon said...

Very cool projects and that bread looks amazing! We will be driving near your the end of June hope to be able to visit with you!