May 7, 2012

It all started when

Did you know that FB keeps all your messages?

So I happened to be writing my favorite husband a message when I wanted to see what Doug and I were talking about the last time we messaged each other. Soon I was reading about when we were first married, and then engaged, and then before engaged (it's so fun to be reading a story when you know that exciting things are just around the corner!) and then when we had just started dating, all the way back to the very very first message.  Wanna read it?


Haha! apparently I hadn't counted on his negotiation methods :).

Unfortunately FB didn't keep our chats. Otherwise I could share with you the chat in which Doug asked me out on our first date. Yes, via facebook! Despite that minor faux pas, he was rather clever. Now that we don't have firm evidence (and our stories differ slightly) we'll just have to go off what we wrote in our journals. Of course Doug completely skips over how he asked me out (and doesn't even write about it until a month later!) and I basically transcribed the conversation the day after. So whose do you think is more reliable, eh?

And almost four years later we're having a baby. Who woulda thunk?

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hahaha I bet yours is more reliable. It's so funny to look back on things like this!