Jul 31, 2012

Gardening!

Hey so wow, our garden is producing!! And by 'our' I mean my mom's which I'm tending for her while she's away... I didn't really help that much in planting, but it's still so rewarding to harvest the vegetables and herbs (and then EAT them!), and see the flowers bloom.


What a cute little eggplant!
In the picture below you'll see how great of a gardener I am - it's obvious that I don't know how to weed or prune lol... I basically just water and hope things turn out okay. Well, it's good enough for us!  You can see parsley, sage, several types of basil, and even dill (the teeny weensy yellow flowers in the upper right of the picture is the dill plant). And I think that's a squash? How that got in the herb section I have no idea...


I don't have pictures of them, but we're also growing cabbage, green beans, cucumber (which looks really weird, btw), three types of tomatoes, and more herbs than I know what do with.

This zucchini is practically a foot long!

Yeah, our garden is kind of getting out of control
Even though I'm not the best at it, gardening is really cool! I'm definitely inspired to do this when we have a house. Correction: when we have a backyard.

No comments: