Aug 13, 2012

Blessing Day

Doug gave our adorable Benjamin Michael his baby blessing yesterday. No last minute name-changing happened (phew). The blessing was beautiful; you're a lucky boy, Benjamin. It was wonderful that so many people came to support us and we're sorry that not everyone could come. 

A family photo:


Ben is wearing the outfit that my dad, and my two brothers were blessed in.
We managed not to get it dirty - imagine that!


Look at how big he's getting! (He's basically 2 months old now.)


I know I don't have to comment on all these pictures, but seriously, I look like I'm 14.
Though I'm sure you didn't need me to tell you that.


Yeah, these are Ben's go-to expressions, haha!

After church, the extended family got together to eat a delicious meal and pass baby around. Life has changed so much and yet it seems like Benjamin has always been a part of our lives. Catherine told me that days go by slow and weeks go by fast. How true is that! We all know the years pass quickly but it's frightening when generations do too. I treasure these moments when Ben is small and absolutely perfect. Yesterday I glimpsed eternity as I pondered all that I hope for Ben. I can't put into words the joy I feel because we are sealed together. Because of Jesus Christ, our family is forever.

5 comments:

Miriam L. said...

Oh what a sweet boy! And your post made me cry a little at the end. I love his faces! He looks like he's silently protesting everything you're doing. Tell him, "Happy blessing day yesterday!" for me please!

Brad and Emily said...

He is soooo Cute! I can't wait to meet him. Let us know as soon as you get here. We will drive to see you at any time to see this handsome little guy.

Catherine said...

It is wild how fast and yet slow it goes, isn't it? It goes even faster as he gets older! And don't worry you don't look 14...although I'm fairly certain I do! ;D

Emily said...

I'm confirming that you look 14. But a super cute 14 :). Ben is cuter than ever and his baby faces crack me up. Funny how cute and yet unphotogenic they can be all at the same time. And I'm loving that cute blessing outfit!

Unknown said...

Somehow I missed this post when you first posted it. I just have to say your little man is so handsome. Adam and Max were blessed in the same outfit, and that was pretty special. To make it even cooler, the outfit looks exactly like the one your Ben is wearing. Exactly like it. It's really cute.