Oct 29, 2012

A Night at the Zoo


Between nursing and napping it's hard to get out of the house sometimes. Doug makes it a lot easier and will watch Ben while I run errands or do fun things (hurray for an awesome husband!). Similarly, we don't go out as a family nearly as often as we used to so that Ben can fall asleep for the night in his own bed. Makes sense, right? So then you can understand why I got so excited for the Halloween ward party! Here was an activity that was all planned out for me, on a Friday night, and that ended at a decent time.

Sooo want to see pictures of some random zoo keepers and their pet tiger? 

Not so thrilled to be a tiger I guess.


Don't worry Ben, we're doing this for your own good.



It was surprisingly easy to decorate our trunk as a zoo.. seeing as most of Ben's toys are animals. Plus I only spent $5!  - on the candy and the hanging leaves. The costumes were all free too (shocker... wait, you weren't thinking, "where did she get that vintage camo shirt?"?). Speaking of, does anyone want a 3 mos tiger costume?

I'm looking back over the pictures and the trunk looked so much better in real life. Right? .... And some kids definitely reached for the toys - we got our candy from the dollar store so I don't blame them.

Happy Halloween!!

3 comments:

Miriam L. said...

AWWWWWW! And THAT'S what I was going to ask you about on the phone! You guys look great. Seriously. I want to meet Ben SO badly. Seriously.

Emily said...

you guys look great!! (miriam stole my comment...) yay for family outings as well. and go out with him now while he'll still fall asleep with white noise surrounding him..it doesn't work as well later on...

Victoria Blanchard said...

Ben makes a great tiger, and you two make great zookeepers (and a great zoo). :)