Nov 7, 2012

Politics

I voted! And it felt great. It really is electrifying to be participating in something with the rest of the United States!

I've always said I dislike politics, but in reality I dislike conflict. Most of the times those two go together though! I wouldn't say that I enjoy politics, but Doug would be happy to hear that I don't mind listening to (and occasionally participating in) friendly political discussions. In the privacy of my own home, when it's just the two of us, I will talk about anything and everything. That's one of the perks to marrying an intelligent, level-headed, considerate man!

So yes, I have thought through the issues (those important to me).
Yes, I have my own reasons for voting for Romney.
No, I'm not going to talk about them on my blog because the atmosphere is too tense.
No, I'm not arrogant enough to think that many of you care about why I voted how I did.
But if you do, you can ask me my reasons as long as you're respectful.
Yes, if I'm honest, I'd rather you don't ask... haha, but I'll answer you anyway.
And yes Doug would be ecstatic if you asked him :).

So, how about a picture of Benjamin?

1 comment:

Catherine said...

yay, you voted! I agree with the atmosphere being too tense to talk about it though :( I voted for Obama but I feel like I can't even talk about that either cause people might jump down my throat! Also, because I don't want to make it an "I won, you lost" thing because that's rude and there's WAY too much of that out there already :( Doesn't our political climate make you sad? It all makes me so tense and anxious! Ok I'm done rambling but I guess I just wanted to say--we totally need to change the way this is all so angry and mean and I for one am going to be as nice as I can to try and do my part.