Oct 15, 2012

Brunette to Blonde

Like most babies, Ben rubbed off the hair on the back (and sides) of his head. Needless to say, it's not the cutest hairstyle. I contemplated trimming it for a few weeks until I worked up the nerve to cut it.

Before:

Pleasantly waiting for me to get started

Side shot

After:

What a cutie!!

A great picture of the grass, but you can see how blonde his hair is!

I knew he was growing in blonde hair, but I didn't realize that trimming it would make such a difference! He's practically a different child! He looks more grown up, more VanDerwerken and less Standage, and more cute (if that's even possible!).

Ben didn't really like the actual cutting process - I'm sure the noise and vibrating of the clippers had something to do with that.

My little 4 month old is growing so fast! He loves his pacifier (even more now after going a week without it!). He doesn't tolerate being cradled in your arms unless he's going to sleep. He sings along with us as he's going to bed. It takes a lot to get him to laugh. He has realized that the carseat is really boring and lets me know it! And he gets totally bored when in the stroller, cart, or carrier. Instead of looking at the world around him he just sits there staring forward, totally zoned out. He sleeps great at night and well enough during the day. He's really righteous ;). The computer mesmerizes him. He loves baths and diaper changes. He's quite good at tummy time, sitting, and standing (with support, obviously).

Basically Benjamin is the coolest kid around.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

He is so sweet and growing so fast! Isn't it nuts how much they grow and change every day?! It blows my mind! Being a mom is so cool!

Emily said...

Coolest kid around, for sure! I really love the new hair cut and am now really tempted to do the same with Henry. Now to get my hands on a set of clippers...

Erin said...

Oh my gosh!!! I can't believe how much hair he had. And that profile "before" shot just cracked me up. Elsie's rubbed what little hair she had off in the back as well. But she doesn't have much up top, so no haircuts in our future haha :) he looks DARLING. I'm impressed he tolerated the clippers! Bennett still cries and BEGS me to stop with the clippers when I have to cut his hair (and he's 3!)

Jarom said...

haha! Fae;s hair did the same thing, but I didn't have the heart to shave it off, even though I really wanted to (if she were a boy, I would have). He looks so cute! Now his hair will hopefully grow in more evenly!
Erica