Oct 19, 2012

Tech vest day

Wednesday was "tech vest day" in our house.



Also, I just have to say that I don't know what I would do with myself if I didn't like to read. And I realized that my favorite thing to spend money on is discounted books - in my case: the library book sales.  
My most recent purchase includes:
  • The Story of My Life - Helen Keller
  • 5 Newberry books (They all came together): 
    • The Sign of the Beaver - Elizabeth George Speare
    • Dear Mr. Henshaw - Beverly Cleary
    • One-Eyed Cat - Paula Fox
    • Island of the Blue Dolphins - Scott O'Dell
    • The Witch of Blackbird Pond - Elizabeth George Speare
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - the movie.. heh heh, tricked ya!
Our little library is growing!



 PS, organizing your books by color is really fun - try it!

5 comments:

Emily said...

cute vests! and I love the books by color theme. we've got too many already, but we should really do it by color just to jazz it all up.

Catherine said...

be careful with those library book sales, suddenly you'll come home and realize you've got 5 bookshelves full where there used to be 2! ;) Or at least that's what happened to us...

Miriam L. said...

Oh my gosh. How cute are the two of you in vests? SUPER CUTE! Also, you should never feel shame in buying books. Having lots of books in the house is good for Benjamin to see as a kid too, and it'll make him love reading even more! See? Justification.

Unknown said...

I tried to convince Adam to let me organize books by color...but he said we need to organize them by language, and then church books together, kids books get their own shelf, and series need to be in order...someday I'm just going to organize them when he's not home, and he is too lazy to change it back =) I love your little man! He is soooo cute.

Elise said...

You can always come to my house if you're bored! :)