Feb 27, 2013

Happy Chinese New Year!

Yes, I know Chinese New Year was a few weeks ago. We celebrated it with some friends (Ranita and Shiwen) - the first time I have ever celebrated Chinese New Year! Oh, Ranita makes some wonderful food, let me tell you. Well, let me show you!

I don't know what everything is called but that's chicken soup in the bowls.
Notice that we have forks and they have chopsticks? hah!

Dumplings and some delicious tofu.

Ribs on the left; fish on the right.

A party gift!
We are so spoiled to have such wonderful friends :). AND we got to take home extra dumplings. YUM!
Oh, did I mention that Ranita is famous? She was a guest on a cooking show in China and has a popular Chinese food blog. Motivation enough to learn mandarin!


Happy (belated) Chinese New Year.
Welcome, year of the snake!! .


4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is Ranita! It looks nice and feels welcome here!! We love to have you guys come over and share happiness together! Next time, I will show you more about Chinese dishes! BTW, it was fish with sour cabbage on the right in picture #3, haha~~Thanks again for linking my blog!

Chelsey Oliver: said...

HOLY COW, that food looks AMAZING (and now I'm craving Chinese...)

So glad you and your adorable family are doing well!

Doug & Charisse said...

Ranita, I'm always up to learning more :). And I fixed the caption, thanks!

Miriam L. said...

Oh my word. That all looks incredible delicious! You have such wonderful friends!