Mar 15, 2013

Not your mother's cooking - literally!

Happy pi day +1. 

Yesterday Miriam called me telling me to make a pie. I suggested buying one instead. Well, because I'm frugal and I've never celebrated pi day before I decided not to buy a pie. Then I remembered I had an extra pie crust in my fridge and decided to make one anyway. And I made a pizza pie. BONUS!

I'm not buying a nice camera any time soon so you'll have to suffer with my less-than-adequate photos...

banana creme pi(e)!!
 I used Cooks recipe and it turned out pretty good. It's a custardy vanilla filling with meringue on top. Still, I love my mother's version so much more that I'll never try another recipe and just stick to hers!

mushroom pizza
Oh how I love homemade pizza. This particular pizza had about 10:1 ration of toppings to crust, haha. In my opinion, that's the way to do it. 

3 comments:

Paige Flamm said...

That pizza looks awesome!

Elise said...

I'm drooling over your pizza...

Miriam L. said...

YUM! I highly approve of all the delicious things on this post!