Apr 8, 2013

Surprise visit from Grandma and Grandpa! (and Aunt & Uncle, of course)

I can remember three (maybe four) times my family drove to go on vacation. So imagine my surprise when my family decided to drive to visit us in North Carolina! I was thrilled to have them come and they did not disappoint - we had a blast.


This is essentially the only picture I took while they were here, but it sums up their visit nicely - playing with Benjamin. He absolutely adored his Uncle Daniel, frequently preferred Sarah over me, cackled with his Grandpa, and snuggled with Grandma. I absolutely love visiting and being visited by family. Plus things are "accidentally" left at my house: chocolate covered blueberries, milano cookies, a $20 bill, apples, yogurt, Twix, a pair of darn tough socks (??). Does everyone's mom do that? :)

Our weekend (and bellies) was filled with food from Durham's best eateries: Q shack, Tonali, Sitar, Ox and Rabbit, and homemade pizza. We toured Duke Gardens, went swimming, and watched General Conference.  My favorite talk was Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's talk from Sunday afternoon. I can't wait to read it again. I don't know how anyone gets through 8 hours of conference without busying their hands or "resting" their eyes.  This year I worked on burial gowns for UNC hospital. The pattern I used was quite simple and it went faster than I anticipated.


I think it looks precious though my heart aches for the parents who need it.


On a happier note, my sister got engaged! Wahoo!


Congratulations you little lovebirds.

3 comments:

Katie said...

what????? She's engaged???? AHHH!! Congrats! If she needs announcements designed tell her to give me a call! I'll totally do 'em for free!

Unknown said...

I'm really touched by your service to the families of these infants. What a blessing to have such a beautiful handmade dress made from love, during a devastating time of grief.

Miriam L. said...

That little dress is so sweet! But it makes my heart ache too.

Your sister looks so happy! Yay for marriage!