May 25, 2011

Brownies

Have you ever been caught like this:


Has your face ever looked like this?



Maybe this???


Given that the ratio of kids:adult(s) licking batter pictures I found on the internet was about 30:1, one might conclude that licking the brownie batter from the bowl is somewhat socially ... inappropriate? immature? Jenny made some delicious brownies today (actually, the batter was delicious, I haven't tried the actual brownies :)...) and I had a lick. Or a spoonful. Maybe multiple spoonfuls, who knows? Anyway, I thought about my friends (my age-ish) who would (also) look at the sink with regret when the bowl is being rinsed and I didn't think of very many. 

Am I wrong? Do you also lick the batter? Or am I truly alone in this fun activity??

4 comments:

Tori said...

I lick the batter...the spoon, and wipe the bowl clean as well. And I am not ashamed of it! I think adults would do it more if they weren't so worried about getting salmonella poisoning from the raw eggs in the batter. But who cares about THAT!?! :)

Meg said...

Charisse, I lick the batter. So does Weston. We'll teach Wyatt to do it soon. :D

Catherine said...

oh you had better believe I lick the spoon/bowl/beater! that's why God let man invent dish soap--so we could get it all clean and sanitary again :D

Unknown said...

EWWW CHARISSE! Hahaha I don't do it, because I worry about getting sick from the raw eggs. But Jeremy does it.. even though I yell at him every time! So, our kids will probably do it too.. sigh.