Jun 29, 2011

I'm losing track of the days

Yesterday was Monday and today is the 27th. Right?

Being a "mom" is taking over my life. And I'm only "mom" for less than 30 hrs/week. (except for last week...48hrs.)

*sigh*

I have to say, I am so grateful for this job. It gives me something to do, it pays well, and now I have 3 more kids to love :). 

If you will ever work with kids or if you have siblings this book is a MUST: 


My mom recommended it to me (along with 3 other parenting books) after a particularly rough day 3 weeks ago. It was my mistake to wait so long to read it! I agree with the praise of this book: "Run! Don't walk to your nearest bookstore." In this case, Amazon is selling it for $8.53. It has completely changed the way I will work with kids for the rest of my life. And this is after I got a degree in Special Education, after I had taken multiple courses on behavior management. UH MAZE ING. I'm a changed man - er, woman.

3 comments:

Emily said...

good to know! i'll definitely be using this book in the future!

Victoria Blanchard said...

Thanks for the recommendation---I think I'll get a copy.

B Robinson said...

Hi Charisse,

My favorite parenting book is also by the same authors. It is called "How to talk so kids will listen and listen so kids will talk" I bought is when Liesel was 2 and have read it over and over and over.

Beth