Sep 8, 2011

Past the point of no return

I just did something a wee little bit scary, exciting, adventurous, etc. Needless to say, I'm going out of my comfort zone on this one and trying something new. Crocheting! with Maybe Matilda (who is actually one of Doug's friends from NY and is a totally awesome person besides). She is offering a crochet along (haha, every time I type crochet I spell it wrong and have to redo it..) and I signed up! Crazy, right? I don't even have needles hooks! 

Okay, truth is, I have crocheted before. I made a bath soap holder (don't ask), and some flowers that I attached to hair pieces. And I do have hooks, they're in Utah - Maria is sending them to me -  I just haven't picked them up in 3 years. So now that you know the truth, I'm still a little "scurred" (as my Anu would say!) but I'm committing myself, hence the post.

So this is what we're making:  
what color(s) should I do??
Will mine look that cute? Probably not. Will I ever wear it? eh, perhaps. But the adventure is on and there's no turning back. I needed something new to break up the humdrum of moving in, getting a new job, starting a new calling, learning where the grocery stores are, and meeting new people. 

Wanna do this with me?? Please do! I'd love some extra support. I added her button (on the left side of the blog) to make it easy peasy. Just for you. :)

2 comments:

Victoria Blanchard said...

After giving it the good ol' college try several times, I've officially given up on crocheting (maybe I'll try it again in my later years). I just can't make even rows, no matter how hard I try!

Catherine said...

I'm totally going to make it with you! I love cowls! Yaaaay!