Oct 9, 2011

Twenty Two


Happy birthday to me! Yesterday I turned 22. Awesome. 
Can I just say that Saturday birthdays are the BEST?!

I'm not going to list of all the things I have or wish I had accomplished because I'm not the kind of person to write it all out. But still, birthdays have always been days of reflection for me. So shall we pretend that life is perfect, that I used a sweet camera to take that picture (manual setting of course), and the background is blurry, and the brick isn't really holding up a sewer pipe?


Friday night, Doug and I went out for dessert and stayed up late watching Netflix until I turned 22 at midnight. Okay, I wasn't born at midnight really, but who cares? Then on my birthday we went on a walk in Duke Forest and took some pictures.

It's like we did a photo shoot. saweet.

So lovely!
Later we went to the mall and bought stuff - we were allowed to 'cuz it's my birthday, duh. I bought chocolate and Doug bought a statistics book (which was 5X more expensive than the chocolate might I just mention). We celebrated the rest of the day with Emily and Brad, went to bed late, then woke up late. Let's just say that it was a great day.

7 comments:

Christina and Brian said...

Happy birthday Charisse! I hope you had a great weekend!

Emelro said...

um, you're gorgeous. and happy birthday lovely dearest roomie of mine!

Victoria Blanchard said...

Birthdays are a day of reflection for me, too. In fact, my 25th birthday was like a mid-life crisis. Ick. That was the worst. But I've had some pretty good other ones, so overall it works out. I'm glad you had a nice day. What a beautiful forest!

Katie said...

You're 22!!! Hurray!! Btw, you look beautiful in all your pics. Now back to that birthday card I need to send...

Emily said...

Congrats on the bday! That walk looks beautiful! So green!! Also, we can't wait to see you two!

Shleby Lynn said...

Happy Birthday! (late) I miss you!! Hope it was a good one!

Sarah said...

yay for happy birthdays!